Nothing Fantastic
I love musicales and play. I really do. It doesn't matter where I am in the theatre or sanctuary. I can be on stage and I love to sing and express myself in choreographed movements (However I can't act and dance extremely well. I wish I could!) Behind the AV console (the lighting board, to be specific), I get to play with the lights and am in control to set the mood for the scene and engage the audience emotionally. But, I think in a play, the best place of all would be that velvet seat. Everything on stage is very captivating. The acting, the vocals, the props, the lightings, the costumes!
Perhaps it's my very own ArtFest this couple of weeks. A kids' play, Roald Dahl's Fanastic Mr Fox was staged at Ulu Pandan Community Centre. It was a production by the Players' Theatre. I was there with the kindy children and I absolutely had a fantastic time. Everything was amazing - the cast, the music, the props (they made everything themselves!), the costumes. However, a minus point for the AV system - the microphones werent working properly. But there's always something praiseworthy - the Q&A session with the kids in the theatre. The cast were lovely. They did not dismiss any question as silly but readily, patiently, enthusiastically answered all. And I think that's really a plus point! Great job to Carina's directing skills!Another musicale that I hope I will get tickets to is Shakespeare's
Much Ado To Nothing staged by Singapore Repertory Theatre (SRT) at Fort Canning Park. What's interesting about this musicale is that you'll sit on the grass patch in Fort Canning Green and you can have a picnic while the musicale is on. I was there two years ago, also for a Shakespeare's play, Midsummer's Night Dream, staged by SRT. It was fun though I had a bit of problem understanding the old British language.
Coincidentally, Dwayne Tan is part of the cast for both plays, casting as the young fox Tail in Fantastic Mr Fox and Balthasar in Much Ado About Nothing. He played the character Prince Charming in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by W!ld Rice last December. He's good. Amazing life and experiences he has. A good writer too.
And now for American Idol 8 finals, I say Kris is better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home